Use of hand held electronic devices capable or providing voice or data communication while driving or temporararily halted for a stop sign or traffic signal or other momentary delays WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This included cell phones, GPS, tablets, ipods, ipads or other devices that require data entry.
- Emergency calls to 911 or other public safety agencies will be allowed.
- Bluetooth or other hands free electronic devices will be allowed.
- One hand non-cellular 2-way radio use will be allowed (CB).
- TEEN DRIVERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES EXCEPT TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY.
Penalties for violations
- 1st offense $100
- 2nd offense $250
- 3rd offense $500 (within 2 years)