The purpose of the Economic Development Committee is to promote balanced, long-term economic development, which reflects and enhances the character of the community.
- Encourage development of the Commercial-Industrial/Multi-Family Districts to offset property taxes
- Establish an Ambassador Group to make contact with existing Chichester businesses to understand their needs and to provide assistance with retention and expansion activities.
- Publicize the Town to potential new businesses who might consider locating to Route 4 and Route 28.
- Create an inventory of commercial/industrial parcels in Chichester and identify potential areas for future development.
- Network with other Boards and organizations to promote the Town of Chichester as a destination for new businesses.
- Focus on the Route 4 and Route 28 corridors for future development.
- Coordinate and seek out support for businesses from local, state, and regional organizations such as CNHRPC and DRED.
- Engage in strategic economic development planning and policy development and recommend zoning changes when needed to encourage sound economic development.
The Chichester Economic Development Committee is committed to expanding the Town’s economic base and achieving economic stability through the growth and development, together with providing a positive local business climate. The Committee also recognizes the responsibility of maintaining the tranquil, rural atmosphere that has made Chichester a special place to work, live, and do business.
|Richard Bouchard||Selectmen Representative|
|Jodi Pinard||Town Administrator|
|Mark Blanchard||Member - Business Owner|
|Thomas Houle||Member- Resident|
|Donna Chagnon||Member- Resident|
|Stan Brehm||Member- Resident|