Chichester Town Organization Committee
Meeting Date: February 8, 2007
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
In Attendance: Lisa Drouse, Bruce Dyke, Norm Larachelle, Allen Mayville, Paul Twomey
Not in Attendance: Lou Barker
Location: Selectmen’s Office Conference Room
Minutes Approved: February 12, 2007
- The meeting started at 7:20pm
- Draft minutes of the 2/1/07 meeting were reviewed and approved without modification.
- The status of data collection efforts from the various towns was reviewed. At this time all responses for the Libraries and Fire Departments and Police Departments contacted have been received. Bruce indicated that he was able to obtain Andover's operational data during a discussion with their Town Administrator earlier in the week.
- Draft version "G" of the Committee's report was distributed and the entire document was reviewed as a group. Additional suggestions/edits were identified relating to both content and format of the report. The overall Committee was in agreement with the content and recommendations contained within the entire report, with the exception of the recommendation to change the status of the Road Agent's position from elected to appointed. Since there was not unanimous support for that recommendation, the Committee took a formal vote on that issue and support for the recommendation as worded represented the majority (4 to1). Bruce will incorporate the suggested changes and generate the final version of the report.
- Since the Committee will not be meeting again prior to their scheduled meeting with the Selectmen on February 20th (at 7:10pm), Bruce said he would distribute an updated copy of the report to all group members individually early during the next week for one final review. Any further modifications or questions would be handled on an individual basis, as needed.
- The final report will be distributed to the Selectmen and Department Heads on Thursday, February 15th, in order to allow them a reasonable amount of time to review it prior to the meeting on Feb. 20th. Bruce will draft a brief memo to accompany the report.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:45pm.