Suncook Valley Regional Town Association
Meeting Date: June 26, 2014
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
Betsy Bosiak – Town of Epsom – Selectman
Bruce Dyke - Chichester Town Organization Committee
David Jodoin – Town of Pembroke – Town Administrator
Gerard LeDuc – Town of Pittsfield – Selectman
Shaun Mulholland – Town of Allenstown – Town Administrator
Kate Walker – Town of Allenstown
Location: Town of Allenstown – Town Office Conference Room
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Bruce Dyke
2. A motion was made by Betsy Bosiak to accept the minutes from the May 28, 2014 meeting as presented and was seconded by Kate Walker. Minutes were approved as written with a vote of four “yes” and two people abstaining.
3. The group discussed the current status of the Group Health Insurance Cooperative Agreement and the most recent efforts specific to the Town of Allenstown’s Employee Benefit Study Committee with the following being noted:
- Shaun gave an overview of the current status of data collection from the three carriers involved with this process and noted that is was especially difficult to get a firm proposal from NH Inter-Local Trust.
- The process remains well ahead of schedule and the overall presentation to the SVRTA is expected to be done by late July.
- Although high-deductible plans remain an option, based on the data received and discussions with the providers, they were not be the best option.
- The Employee Benefit Study Committee voted on a proposed HMO option which has the potential of saving some of the SVRTA towns a considerable amount of money, while there may not be significant impact for a couple of the towns who already have comparable plans.
- The potential value of employee health savings accounts (HSA’s) was discussed.
- It was noted that rates being proposed now are subject to change in the fall.
- The group will need to maintain a total of at least 100 eligible employees to take advantage of any planned change to the group health cooperative.
- SVRTA will meet in late July to review the overall proposal and vote on it. If accepted, the next step will be a proposed joint BoS meeting with all SVRTA towns to review the proposal and start the dialogue as to how best to proceed with any potential plan change.
- Employee meetings within each town to review the proposal are also likely.
4. Shaun and David briefly discussed the initiative just getting started between Pembroke and Allenstown to review any potential options and value specific to a cooperative fire department arrangement.
7. The date for the next meeting will be Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 7pm and will
be hosted by the Town of Chichester at their Grange Hall.
9. A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Betsy Bosiak and seconded by Gerard LeDuc. The meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.