Suncook Valley Regional Town Association
Meeting Date: June 26, 2013
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
In Attendance: Betsy Bosiak – Town of Epsom – Selectman
Bruce Dyke - Chichester Town Organization Committee
Gerard Leduc – Town of Pittsfield - Selectman
Sandra McKenney – Town of Allenstown – Selectman
Mike Paveglio – Town of Chichester - Selectman
Gordon Preston – Town of Barnstead – Selectman
Paul Vince – Town of Barnstead – Resident Representative
Location: Town of Epsom – Town Office Conf Room
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:15pm by Bruce Dyke
2. A motion was made by Sandy McKenney to accept the minutes from the May 15, 2013 as presented and was seconded by Betsy Bosiak. Minutes were approved by a vote of 5 “yes” and 2 “abstentions”.
3. The status health insurance cooperative agreement was discussed, in particular as to whether any formal response has been received for Paul Vince’s letter sent earlier this year. The group is still expecting a formal response specific to the request for LGC to provide rating information based on the entire “Under 100” group represented in its July rating pool. Paul is going to follow-up with LGC.
In addition, he noted that it’s unclear if LGC plans to disburse funds it was order to reimburse the towns while it continues to fight a lawsuit brought by a handful of towns who had since left LGC’s insurance program and could be excluded from the reimbursement. Of particular concern is whether LGC would be required to include interest with the reimbursements when the funds are finally paid.
Bruce also noted a recent newspaper article which noted LGCs plan to delay the implementation of new governing boards.
4. The group proposal specific to the 2013 town report printing was discussed. Based on the analysis of the 2012 town reports for 7 of the 8 SVRTA towns, a total of 4,325 town reports were printed, representing 625,000 printed pages. Paul Vince is drafting a group quote request that he expects to have ready for review by the towns in mid-July. He’s collecting additional data points likely to be required for the proposal request, based on feedback from a couple local printers. The hope is to create a template that can be easily used for other initiatives down the road. Once the proposal template is created, Bruce will forward to all towns for completion, as the goal is to review all town’s responses at the next SVRTA meeting, before the request is sent to local printers
5. The Emergency Vehicle Survey was discussed. It was agreed that any opportunity in this area would likely involve fire department equipment and discussions with the local fire chiefs would be required to get a clearly defined set of guidelines before pursuing any group quote for certain maintenance activities. This issue will be re-visited in the fall. The group also briefly discussed the likely requirement for regional fire departments (perhaps a pre-cursor to ultimate county fire departments) due to changing requirements and shifting resources that are especially tough for smaller towns to accommodate.
6. The date for the next meeting will be Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 7pm and will be hosted by the Town of Barnstead (exact location TBD).
7. A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Bruce Dyke and seconded by Mike Paveglio. The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.