Meeting Date: June 15, 2011
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
Bruce Dyke – Chichester Town Organization Committee
David Jodoin – Town of Pembroke – Town Administrator
David Kerr – Town of Barnstead – Selectman
Sandra McKenney – Town of Allenstown – Selectman
Ed Vien – Town of Pittsfield – Selectman
Location: Pittsfield Town Offices
Minutes Approved: TBA
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by Bruce Dyke
2. The draft minutes of the April 13, 2011 meeting were reviewed and comments/changes were solicited. A motion was made by Ed Vien to accept the minutes as presented and seconded by David Jodoin. The minutes were approved without further discussion by a vote of 3”for” and 2 participants abstaining.
3. The group reviewed the data provided by Derek Bekar of Glacial Energy, which provided estimated total savings for all SVRTA towns based on an assumption the group had been under agreement with Glacial for the period of April 2010 through March 2011. The assumptions were based on a 1-year contract, with a .009 cent “adder” and a rate cap of 9.5 cents per Kwh for PSNH customers and 9.2 cents for Unitil customers. Total savings for all SVRTA towns combined for that period would be approximately $5,200. The group would like to see a per-town break-out showing their respective portions of the savings before bringing the issue before their individual Boards of Selectmen. Bruce will follow-up with Derek to obtain the requested information and forward to each town. The
group spent a few minutes reviewing the structure of Glacial’s plan options as presented by Derek in the previous meeting.
4. David Kerr updated the group on Barnstead’s ongoing discussions with the Belknap County Sheriff’s office regarding potential outsourcing of police coverage. The study committee the town formed (chaired by Gordon Preston) continues to review the proposal they’ve received and is preparing to provide their findings to the BoS prior to the budget process this fall. David will continue to update the group as warranted as many members see this as an excellent opportunity for potential regionalization
5. Bruce asked the group if there was any potential interest in pursuing bulk purchase arrangements for road salt or heating oil for the coming winter season. Sandra McKenney said she’d ask Allenstown’ Road Agent if he’d be willing to investigate bulk purchase options for road salt and Ed Vien indicated their Town Admin would look into heating oil bulk purchase options. Bruce will request usage data for both items from all interested town and provide to Sandra and Ed for follow-up.
6. David Jodoin and Sandra McKenney provided a brief update regarding Pembroke’s and Allenstown’s on-going efforts to work out a new agreement regarding ambulance coverage for their towns.
7. The next meeting will be held on July 21, 2011 at 7pm, at the Chichester town offices.
8. A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Ed Vien and seconded by Sandra McKenney and passed unanimously by the group. The meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.