Meeting Date: November 1, 2010
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
Jim Barnard – Town of Barnstead – Selectman
Barbara Clark – Town of Epsom
Bruce Dyke – Chichester Town Organization Committee
David Kerr – Town of Barnstead – Selectman
Shaun Mulholland – Town of Allenstown, Chief of Police
Location: Conference Call
Minutes Approved: TBA
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:35pm by Bruce Dyke
2. The draft minutes of the August 21, 2010 meeting were reviewed and comments/changes were solicited. A motion was made by Jim Barnard to accept the minutes as presented and seconded by David Kerr. The minutes were approved without further discussion by a vote of 3 “for” and 2 abstentions.
3. Bruce turned the discussion over to William Bald, from Melcher & Prescott, reviewed final quote figures that had been received as part of the analysis of current employee health insurance plans among the SVRTA towns. This was essentially a “recap” and wrap-up of his more detailed presentation that had been provided to the group during our August 21, 2010 meeting. After reviewing the final quote numbers, Bill suggested that the best option for the group was to stay with their current LGC plans for the next renewal period. Although PRIMEX had provided very aggressive numbers to the group, they weren’t substantially different from the LGC quotes and therefore a switch to different plans really wasn’t worthwhile or justified. Bill did suggest the
group consider consolidating the various plans among the towns down to three of the more popular plans. He also reminded the group of a couple particular issues that the Towns of Strafford and Epsom as well as BCEP should consider in terms of their current plans. Bill was going to follow-up to the entire group with a brief “reminder e-mail” covering those key points. The SVRTA thanked Bill and M&P for their efforts as the group felt it was a very worthwhile exercise toward understanding our current health plans against the general marketplace and also justifying the cost of the plans.
4. Jim Barnard and David Kerr raised an issue for further discussion at the next SVRTA meeting. The issue involved BCEP and the current situation where individuals who are not Selectmen are representing the participating towns with regard to voting on budget matters which was of concern to them. Bruce indicated that he would add that to the next meeting’s agenda for discussion.
5. The next meeting was not scheduled during the call and will be coordinated among the group via e-mail. Bruce will coordinate and indicated the target for the next meeting will be early December.
6. A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Bruce Dyke and seconded by Barbara Clark and passed unanimously by the group.