SPACE NEEDS COMMITTEE MINUTES
October 12, 2009
Barbara Frangione opened the meeting at 7pm at Brehm Building Rt 4 Chichester
TOUR OF BREHM BUILDING MEMBERS PRESENT: Bette Bogdan, Patrick Clarke, Richard DeBold, Barbara Frangione, Stephen McCleery, Mike Paveglio, Gil Vien
Building tour given by Mr. Brehm. Tour Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm
Barbara reconvened meeting at the Safety Building at 820pm
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bette Bogdan, Patrick Clarke, Richard DeBold, Barbara Frangione, Stephen McCleery, Mike Paveglio, Gil Vien
EXCUSED: Leslie Ari, Richard DeBold, Lucille Noel
Minutes were reviewed and approved after a correction to page 2, under General Discussion paragraph 5 which after correction will read: “Steve McCleery suggested that if detached 2 car garage bays were built at Safety building, then no sprinkler system would be needed, and perhaps it could be also used for cold storage” This reflected a change to specify “detached 2 car garage” bays.
Report back from Richard DeBold as to current and previous Town Administrator and Selectmen’s thoughts as to space needs. Mr. DeBold not present at this time. Will table this until next meeting.
- Tour of Brehm building was discussed. It was determined by a consensus of the Space Needs Committee that given the towns current needs, the building would not be practical at this time. Bette Bogdan will write a thank you note to Mr. Brehm for graciously giving the Committee his time and conducting a tour. Barbara Frangione will speak to Mr. DeBold and request that he let Mr. Brehm know of the Committees consensus, as he had arranged the tour initially.
- Barbara Frangione questioned if the Space Needs Committee has completed its assigned task. Barbara Frangione will report to Selectmen 10/13/2009 of consensus of tour, and ask if it was appropriate to look at Grange/Town Hall and if it could be redesigned to meet current needs per suggestion of Mike Paveglio.
AGENDA FOR NEXT MEETING 11/9/2009:
- Pat Clarke will speak to Donna Chagnon and Donna Stockman to get specifics as to needs for space for food pantry, and report back.
- Report back from Richard DeBold as to current and previous Town Administrator and Selectmen’s thoughts as to space needs
- Barbara to report back as to Selectmen’s wishes as to Space Need Committee continued service, and identified tasks.
Being no further business for this evening, Chairwoman Frangione adjourned the meeting at 2100
Respectfully submitted 10/12/2009
Bette Bogdan Date Approved
Barbara Frangione, Chairwoman