Chichester Planning Board
Minutes of Meeting
Thursday, September 03, 2015
Members Present: Chairman Kevin Mara, Vice-Chairman Tom Jameson, Ex-Officio Jeff Jordan, Stan Brehm, Thomas Houle, Allen Mayville, Richard Moore, Craig McIntosh, Ann Davis, Matt Cole and Jamie A Pike, Secretary.
Vice Chairman Jameson called the meeting to order at 6:35pm.
The minutes of August 6, 2015 were reviewed. A motion was made by Mr. Mayville and seconded by Mr. Houle to approve the minutes as written. Motion passes.
Chairman Mara arrived at approx. 6:38 and chaired the remainder of the meeting.
Subdivision: Map 935 Lot 12 (Pembroke), Stephen & Patricia Fowler, located at 523 No. Pembroke Road
Joe Micucci was present to speak on the merits of the proposal.
The purpose of this application is to create one (1) new lot, wholly located in Pembroke. The Chichester Planning Board has no jurisdiction over the application, but must sign the plans as the property is bounded by the Town line.
A motion was made to approve the plans as prepared, and without jurisdiction by Mr. Houle and seconded by Mr. Jordan. Motion passes.
Conceptual Discussion: Map 4 Lot 167B, J & T Wood Grinding Equip., LLC, located at 9 Horse Corner Road
Jon Kalinowski and Engineer Bill Evans were present to speak on the merits of the proposal.
Mr. Evans said the proposed metal building will be 75’ x 100’ and will be set back 100’ off the Horse Corner Road property line. They would like a sign on the gable end of the building facing Horse Corner Road. The building will have two doors facing Horse Corner Rd, one 16’ x 16’ and one 14’ x 16’. There will be an office on the Route 4 side of the building. The ridge line of the roof will be approx. 35’ to 37’ high.
Preliminary feedback from the Planning Board included:
1. The Commercial Zone Architectural Standards limit metal to 20% of the visible exterior
2. The Chichester Building Code limits building height to 35 ft per Jamie so a ZBA variance would be required to exceed 35 ft.
3. The applicant was advised to review the Chichester Zoning Ordinance 3.07 for signs and 3.18 for Outdoor Lighting
4. The NH DOT apparently administers this portion of Horse Corner Road so they need to be contacted for a change in use to the Driveway Permit
5. There was some concern about fire safety, the applicant said they receive a few 55 gallon drums of new hydraulic fluids a year and the old fluids are captured and recycled
6. Chichester Deputy Fire Chief Matt Cole will work with the applicant about the hydraulic fluids, possible sprinkler requirements and any other Fire Safety issues.
At approx. 7:45 Selectman Jeff Jordan thanked Planning Board Secretary Jamie Pike for his passion and dedication to the Town of Chichester during his 8 years with the Town. Jamie was wished good luck in his new job as Town Administrator in Francistown NH.
At approx. 7:55 Mr. Jameson made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Mr. Jordan – motion passed.