Chichester Parks and Recreation Commission
March 12, 2014 Draft Minutes
Present: Zach Boyajian (Chair), Philip Hitchcock (Secretary), Richard DeBold, Tom Jameson, Joe Montambeault
Absent: Ansel Sanborn (Vice Chair), Todd Hammond, Ewen McKinnon
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 P.M. by Zack Boyajian
A MOTION was made by Richard DeBold to approve the minutes of February 12, 2014 and seconded by Tom Jameson, no discussions, all were in favor, MOTION passed.
Zack read the agenda for the meeting.
There was discussion about the Town meeting on Saturday, March 15, 2014. Richard stated he wasn’t sure if anything would come up but thought of asking Ansel Sanborn if he could speak at the Town Hall meeting on behalf of the Chichester Parks and recreation Commission and would check with him.
Richard mentioned the operating budget was only down $30.00 from last year and maybe Ansel could communicate this to the town. Regarding $7500.00 for the Capital Reserve Fund Richard reminded everyone that the grant was for over a three (3) year period and the Parks and Recreation Commission may need funds in reserve to be available.
The LWCF grant and proposed projects with information about drinking water for the park were discussed. Richard had a discussion with D.E.S. and was told if the park did not have 25 or more people a day, for 60 days or more a year, then its’ not considered a “Seasonal Transient Public Water Supply” which has to be tested monthly at $45.00 per test. The park does not fall under this category.
Discussion pursued about the snack shack building regarding its size and usage. It was agreed to discuss the building in further detail at our next meeting to be held April 9, 2014 @ 6 P.M. in the park so that the building placement could be looked at in prospective with the playground equipment. It was brought up that the needs of the building would help make a decision as to the size to be considered. 6 P.M. was a suggested time for daylight purposes.
Winter Fest was brought up and Philip will be contacting Frank Harrison to discuss possible outdoor adventures such as Snow Tubing, Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Sledding and Snow Shoeing They would put a proposal together for the winter of 2014/2015 and bring it before the Commission for consideration. Philip will report back at the next meeting.
Zack stated he will be following through with a property owner who has land connecting to Carpenter Park to see if available for use. Zack also will be talking with the Conservation Commission about park trails on 3/13/2014.
Clean-up of the Park around the first part of April was brought up and Joe will get further information getting back to Zack and the group as to when would be a good time for cleanup.
Tom asked about picnic tables being placed within the park and Richard stated there is money in the budget for them.
There was no further discussion.
Joe Montambeault made a MOTION to adjourn, Tom Jameson seconded and with all in favor the MOTION passed.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 P.M.
Next Meeting Date: April 9, 2014 - 6 P.m. @ Carpenter Park
Philip Hitchcock, Secretary