Chichester Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting
July 24, 2012
Members present: Mike Paveglio, Jeff Jordan, Richard DeBold
Others present for all or part of the meeting: Nancy Tanner (Town Administrator), Doug Hall, Donna Chagnon, Nancy Fraher, Lucille Noel, Bill Lane, Paul Sanborn, Chris Moultroup (Unitil), Jake (Asplundh)
Chairman Paveglio opened the meeting at 7:00pm.
Nancy wanted to meet with the Selectmen to let them know of her candidacy for the Senate in District 17. She reviewed her qualifications with the Board. She said she likes to listen to both sides of an issue and has a fundamental knowledge of government. Nancy lives in Chichester.
Paul Sanborn – Bee Hole Beavers
The Bee Hole Beavers snowmobile club has agreed to help with the bridge needed for the Carpenter Park Trail. Paul had a list of materials needed. He said the club would donate $250 toward the cost and build the bridge. Mr. DeBold noted that this was very generous of the club. There was a discussion about how the bridge should be constructed.
Chris Moultroup from Unitil and Jake from Asplundh were present at Mr. Paveglio’s request. Unitil through their contractor, Asplundh, was attempting to cut on Lane Road without proper notification of the landowners. This is after they had already cut on the scenic road without Planning Board approval. Mr. Paveglio wanted to let Unitil know that the Board is not happy that they did not follow the Planning Boards decision and re-notify the landowners.
Mr. Moultroup explained that it was a mistake. This has been a learning experience for Unitil and they have made changes to their procedure.
Mr. Steed asked for a nonpublic session due to the matter to be discussed.
Pursuant to RSA 91 –A:3 II (c) Mr. Paveglio made a motion seconded by Mr. DeBold to enter into a nonpublic session at 7:47. Roll call vote was unanimous.
Pursuant to RSA 91-A Mr. DeBold made a motion seconded by Mr. Paveglio at 8:23 to exit the nonpublic session.
Minutes of the nonpublic session were sealed indefinitely.
Old Home Day: Donna Chagnon presented the Selectmen with the waivers for the volunteers to use Town Equipment. Nancy will follow-up with the Road Agent for his approval.
Voter Identification: Doug Hall reviewed the new voter identification requirements with the Board. Doug feels the Town should get the word out to all the voters that they will be required to have identification. There is a flyer in the lobby of the Town Hall with additional information.
Suncook River Letter: The Selectmen received a letter regarding someone moving rocks and diverting the flow of the river. Nancy will forward the information to Department of Environmental Services.
RSA 31:105: Nancy asked the Selectmen to adopt RSA 31:105. She was asked about it by one of Trustees of the Trust Funds who had been to a seminar where they talked about the RSA. She could not find where the Town had adopted it previously. The Selectmen will look into it and revisit the matter at their next meeting.
Community Building: The Historical Societies request for a lift to the second floor was discussed as well as the appropriateness of using the second floor for public events. The Selectmen will talk to the Fire Chief and Building Inspector at their next meeting regarding the space. They would like a life safety inspection done.
Payroll and accounts payable expenditures were approved.
A motion by Mr. Paveglio and seconded by Mr. DeBold to adjourn the meeting at 8:52. Motion passes.
Approved when signed
_________________________ _____________________ ________________________
D. Michael Paveglio, Chairman Jeffrey Jordan Richard DeBold