February 16, 2012
Members Present:Lucille Noel, Dawn Marshall, Barbara Frangione, Michelle Plunkett
Members Excused:Jeff Jordan, Patty Humphrey
Lucille welcomed all and introduced Dave Bowers. He will be repairing the windows at the Grange Hall. Lucille also explained the Moose Plate Grant the Commission received.
We will be repairing 13 windows. Dave will also replace the weights in the windows if necessary. It will take 6 weeks to restore the windows. He will take half at a time. He will also put up plywood barrier in the windows for safety.
There were some questions about chain v. rope weights. Dave said they work the same. The chain is better for longevity. Sash cords usually last 40 or so years.
The project includes
• Removing the sash
• Strip and recover glass
• Put the sash back in
• Make necessary repairs
• Prime with oil base primer
• 2 finish coats inside and out
• Weather-strip (spring bronze) the windows
• Silicon bulb seal for bottom or top of window to prevent drafts
• Sash lock to keep windows snug against each other
• Same glass goes back into window whenever possible
• If a window has a broken pane, period glass is used
Dave schedule is late spring (May)
Our regular meeting followed
Set up for Town Meeting-Michelle, Lucille and Kate will be there
We discussed our Warrants-Stone walls and Scenic roads
Town House inventory-we will meet Thursday 23rd @ 3:30 to work on this.
Next meeting is March 15th @ Town Library 7:00