HERITAGE COMMISSION MINUTES 819/2010
MEMBERS PRESENT: Faye & Bob McAnney, Lucille Noel, Barbara Frangione, Michelle Plunkett, Mike Paveglio
MEMBERS ABSENT: Dawn Marshall
Reviewed minutes of July 15, 2010. We need to change $165.00 to $40.00, ($75.00 including postage).
Lucille passed around the woodpile photos. We received 15 in total. The response was wonderful.
• Old Home Day set up schedule
• Barbara will take care of the cards
• Dawn will help set up @ 8:00 am
• Mike will help from 8:30-10:30
• Michelle, Faye and Bob will arrive @ 10:30 and stay until 12:30
• “Woodpile” voting will go until 12:30, with the winner announced at 1:00.
• Signs for Jesus proposed at Blake Tavern—We need to be aware of this
• Mr. Ladd-Salisbury Bridge
• Allenstown Meeting House
• Effingham-Elm trees
• Concord-Kimball School
• Hooksett-Town Hall, $50,000 in private funds, was collected to renovate it
Bob McAnney-Canterbury Rd Trees
It is very expensive to take down the trees. The home owners may need to shoulder the cost of this is they decide to remove the dead trees. We need the permission and cooperation of the homeowner because the trees when planted need lots of maintenance. Should the Commission send letters to the homeowners? Should the commission visit the homeowners? Bob suggested visiting each homeowner personally. Bob will write a letter to the homeowners. Barbara suggested sending a letter and then following up with a visit. New trees from Brochu’s (bare root, 5-6 ft.) will run about $50.00 each. If a resident wants to replace their trees, we will take orders for the trees. We can order the trees from April-June.
The placement of the Grange Hall Historic Register sign was discussed. Do we want to put it on the building or on a granite post to the side of the building?
We also discussed planting bulbs on the side of some roads. We can get 100 bulbs for $34.00.
Next meeting September 16th @ 7pm.