Town of Chichester
54 Main Street, Chichester, NH 03258
Lucille Noel, 798-5709
We currently have 2 alternate vacancies
Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month at the Town Library at 7:00 p.m.
Lucille Noel, Chair
Chichester Heritage Commission
- Work on facilitating 79-D Easements for agricultural structures, especially historic barns of 75 years or older
- Continue Canterbury Road Tree Project and planting. Solicit help to clear around trees, mulch, and monitor tree health
- Continue beautification projects along Historic Main Street including stone planter, seasonal efforts such as candles at Grange/Town Hall windows, wreaths on front doors of Grange Hall
- Work with Historical Society on historic markers for identified sites
- Continue to work to implement recommendations as set forth in Plan NH's document "A Village Center, Again"
- Monitor buildings that might be in peril: Free Will Baptist Church on Kelley's Corner Rd. and the Warren cobbler shop on Webster Mills Rd. Work with owner/s of record to preserve these structures if possible
- Implement goals and objectives .set forth in the Master Plan Chapter, "Historical, Cultural and Scenic Resources"
- Educate and inform the community by offering programs on local history and the cultural past and by presenting informational materials at Old Horne Day and Town Meeting
- Continue to promote Historic Main Street by providing "Discover and Explore" brochures
- Be actively involved in the creation of the Grange Hall/Town Hall Parking Lot Area Green Space as members of the Community Design Charrette Team