Chichester Garden Club
10/28/2015 Meeting Minutes
Present: Catherine Snow, John Snow, Lucille Noel, Frank Curatolo, Dick Pratt, Ann Davis
1. Meeting called to order 7:05pm.
Meeting Minutes read; Lucille Noel made a Motion to accept 09/23/2015 Meeting Minutes with correction of 2015 to 2016; John Snow seconded; all in favor; Motion accepted.
2. Treasurerís Report reviewed; John Snow made a Motion to accept the 10/28/2015 Treasurers Report; Lucille Noel seconded; all in favor; Motion accepted.
3. Non-profit status update: Ann reported that the forms completed and delivered with check for non-profit registration filing. Cost $25 registration and $30 for certificate. An IRS EIN was obtained via online and old checking account closed and new one opened at TD Bank at which there is no minimum balance nor monthly fee.
Ann Davis, Dick Pratt, Frank Curatolo, Catherine Snow and John Snow all agreed to be directors/trustees of the non-profit so Ann may add the list to the AGís paperwork.
Catherine Snow agreed to be treasurer and signed the AG paperwork; Ann will compile all paperwork and a check and deliver to AGís office.
4. Officers as of 10/28/2015:
President Ann Davis
Secretary Ann Davis
Treasurer Catherine Snow
Education Program Coordinator
Garden Tour Coordinator
5. Holiday Wreath Workshop update- still working on details
6. Reminder - Dues are now $10 payable in January 2016; however, dues were paid for the following members: Dick Pratt, Frank Curatolo, John Snow, Catherine Snow, Lucille Noel, Ann Davis for a total deposit to be made for $60.00.
7. Fundraising ideas - Lucille suggested selling making and selling holiday wreaths at the PTO fair; or tabletop centerpieces with candle; beautifully packaged heirloom flower and vegetable seeds. Dick suggested birch bark tabletop centerpieces to hold candles. More ideas will be discussed in January.
8. Garden Tour proceeds discussed - John Snow made a Motion to retain $100 for the Chichester Garden Club and disburse $100.00 to each of the partnering organizations Chichester Heritage Commission, Chichester Historical Society, Town Library and Chichester Photo Group; Lucille Noel seconded; all in favor; Motion passed.
Being no further business, Ann made a motion to adjourn; John Snow seconded; all in favor; meeting adjourned 7:53pm.