Chichester Garden Club
09/23/2015 Draft Meeting Minutes
Meeting opened 7:15pm
Attendees: Catherine Snow, John Snow, Ann Davis; Lucille Noel joined meeting at 7:30
1. Treasurerís Report - Beginning balance 175.35; income this year & Tour $795.35; expenses this year & Tour $193.69; Sept 23, 2015 balance $601.66.
Reminder: the ticket sales of $600 is to be divided among the partner organizations which amounts to $100 for CGC, Heritage & Agricultural Commissions, Town Library, Historical Society, Photo Group. Discussion followed for more assistance for 2017 to ensure larger PR base, etc.
2. Officers needed: President, vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Education Program Coordinator, Garden Tour Coordinator. Since not enough members were present, Ann will continue as Pres; she would also like to coordinate 2017 Tour and has four new gardens for that event. Because most meetings do not have a quorum, it was decided that a majority will preside; in other words, of those members who do attend a meeting, voting may take place and stand as official decisions.
3. Discussion: Set up a NH non-profit organization so the funds can be maintained in a business account, rather than one individual who is no longer willing to do so; estimated costs $75. John Snow made the Motion to register as a non-profit organization with NH; Catherine seconded; all in favor. Ann will complete the form and register with the State of NH. An affirmative vote was noted from previous conversations with two other founding members (Curatolo and Pratt).
4. Due to speakers/workshops and lack of a quorum, there have not been consistent meetings since Sept 2014.
5. Fall-Holiday Wreath Class will be set for first week in November. As in the past, the general public will be charged and members will be free.
6. Dues - It was decided to raise membership dues from $5/yr to $10/yr due in January 2015.
7. All to bring Fundraising ideas at October 28 meeting, Town Library, 7pm
Meeting Adjourned 7:53pm
Meetings: October 28; in the past no meetings in Nov or Dec but a workshop may be set
2016 - Jan 27; Feb 24; Mar 23; Apr 27