Chichester Garden Club
02/13/2013 Meeting Minutes
Present: Ann Davis, Kay Snow, John Snow.
Absent: Frank Curatulo, Nancy Smith, Gene Smith, Barbara Pappas.
Business Meeting Began
(7:00-8:00 suggested w/personal chatting thereafter)
1. Garden Club structure: consensus-style structure; however, Ann Davis stepped up to lead
the group, including 2013 Garden Tour and taking and distributing Minutes and ; agreed upon by
2. Member Contact List: Member Contact List was distributed. (For those absent, Contact List is attached.)
3. Reminder: Meetings held 2nd & 4th Wednesdays each month, 7pm @ Town Library
4. Possible activities for 2013:
Suggested Speakers - Coleís Garden Center, Jungle Place, Scott Davis, Gary Tasker, Northeast Landscaping
Suggested Tours/Trips: Aradeena Gardens; Laconia/Ctr Harbor; Gilmanton parsonage; Day by Debís; Fuller Gardens, Hampton; Hidden Gardens, Boston; Saint Gaudens, Cornish
5. Projects ñ
1. Garden Club has been asked by Heritage Commission to offer conceptual landscape design(s) for the Grange-Town Hall ñ past & present photos were viewed and discussed. Bermed and fenced garden areas with selected perennials, ground covers, possibly salt-resistant trees were discussed as well as ensuring visibility for the entrance and exit of traffic. Follow-up discussion and possible design work was suggested for the next meeting.
2. July 2013 Chichester Garden Tour ñ discussion (see attached information sheet); to be discussed at next meeting.
Date? _______________Times?_______________Rain date?____________Charge? $____________
- Partners: Historical Society, Heritage Commission, Town Library; hopefully, Photography Club
- Partial List of Homes & Gardens:
Patty Humphrey, Garvin Hill Rd
NH Animal Farm Sanctuary, Horse Corner Rd
Martha Reinhardt, Horse Corner Rd
Lucille Noel, Canterbury Rd
Kay & John Snow, Webster Mills Rd
Nancy & Gene Smith, Swiggey Brook Rd
Chichester Historical Society, Main St
- Start at Noel property on Canterbury Road and Finish @ Historical Societyís heritage garden where refreshments will be served
Barbara returned Garden Club magazines (which are available to all members) and left a note that she will be unable to attend the February meetings.
Our best wishes go to Gene who has been recently hospitalized.
Adjourn Time: 8:20
Meetings: Feb 27; Mar 3 & 27; Apr 10 & 24
Events: July Garden Tour (date to be determined)