Chichester Garden Club
10/02/2013 Meeting Minutes (in lieu of 09/25/2013 meeting date)
Meetings held 4th Wednesdays each month, 7pm @ Town Library
Present: Frank Curatolo, Ann Davis, Barbara Eggers, Jim Eggers, Lucille Noel, Dick Pratt, Nancy Smith, Gene Smith, John Snow, Susan Towle,
Not Present: Daisy Day, Patty Humphrey, Debbie Marden, Kay Snow
Special Meeting 6:00 - We met at the Grange/Town Hall to view site, measure, take photos and discuss landscaping possibilities; then complete, it will be presented to the Heritage Commission for consideration in connection with a future community project. After some discussion, a number of questions were raised; and Ann said she would contact Road Agent Jim Plunkett and Police Chief Patrick Clark, meet with them and report back at the next meeting.
Questions & Concerns: Road Agent & Police Chief should be contacted re: best way to have access to the parking lot, how could it be improved, 1 or 2 accesses, block off all access from sign down to tree line, mark parking space lines, existing perimeters, snowplowing, traffic distance from center line, driveways, crosswalk to community building, distance from corner to crosswalk.
Welcome to New Member Susan Towle.
Business Meeting 6:45 at Community Building - thank you to Historical Society and Dick Pratt for the accommodations
1. Ann handed out 08/28/2013 Meeting Minutes for review and asked for approval. Barbara Eggers made a MOTION to accept the Minutes of the 08/28/2013 meeting; seconded by John Snow; Minutes accepted.
2. There was no new Treasurerís Report as there has been no monetary activity since the August meeting.
4. Members were advised that NHFGC had sent email and letter of welcome. And now Immediate Past President Jinny Urdi and District Director Karrissan Carisa Taylor will be joining us at our Oct 23 meeting to get to know us better and officially welcome us to the Federation.
5. Ann advised that she is working to find someone to give a wreath demonstration also at the Oct 23 meeting. Ann will check with the Library to schedule the downstairs meeting room for that meeting.
6. Brainstorming session regarding the landscaping project for the Heritage Commission; also Lucille shared the commitment to apply to PLAN NH to complete a Design Charrette for the Town of Chichester.
7. Other Business:
Lucille announced the Heritage Commission will be planting daffodil bulbs along Perimeter Trail and looking for volunteers.
Meetings: Oct 23
Adjourned at 7:12pm