Chichester Conservation CommissionMonthly Mee
Minutes of Meeting December 08, 2016
Grange Hall, Selectmen’s Office
Present: Bob Mann, Zack Boyajian, Blaze Konefal,Zachary Boyajian,
Marianne DiTaranto, Gordon Jones
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by BobMann at 7:15 pm. The Minutes of Nov 10,2016 and Nov 19, 2016 (special meeting) were approved.
1. Ken Stern of 5 Rivers Conservation Trustsent a letter of expectation and clarification regarding the process of forminga Conservation of Easement of the Spaulding Town Forest. The 5 Rivers board will meet in January toreview our Town’s proposal for the Spaulding Lot.
2. Monthly interest collected forConservation Trust Fund (300k CD): $162.50
3. Ingals Rd switching station is completeand detailed documentation was received.
4. Donation request from 5 RiversConservation Trust ($50 approved by commission)
● Public Outreach: Frank is processing new interactive mapfor the website and plans to update the site information for January 2017.
● Land Conservation: Zack arranged letters to send to property ownersadjacent to Lynxfield Pond and town property abutting the pond. The formal letter requests a meeting toexplore access or acquisition to desirable lots with high conservation and publicrecreation value.
● Carpenter Park: Demolition of the old Field House hasbeen approved. Building projectscontinue on the property, primarily inside the new Field House.
● Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area: no updates
● Spaulding Town Forest: Exploring possibilities of developingthe trail network of the Spaulding Lot and clearing the right-of-way access forpublic use. Blaze is drafting a warrantarticle for the town meeting in March 2017 to seek approval of pursuing theconversion of the Spaulding Lot into a Conservation Easement.
● Easement Stewardship: An anomaly with the Blackman Easement will be reported.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm. Next meeting:Thursday, Jan. 12, 2016 at 7 pm. Public is invited.