Chichester Conservation Commission
Approved Minutes: May 12, 2016 Meeting
Present: Bob Mann, Zack Boyajian, Jim Eggert, Blaze Konefal, Dawn Marshall
Call to order at 7:18.
Approval of Minutes of April 14, 2016 meeting with changes.
1. Wetland permit review for Guida property on Pleasant St.
2. March accounting from attorneys for Shirley Water’s Estate, $2,416.
a. Public Outreach
1. Old Home Day discussion
Zach has offered to lead a nature walk at Carpenter Park and discuss the forestry work organized by the CCC.
2. Charrette Committee
Committee members have cleared out brush and trees along the side of the Grange Hall parking lot.
b. Land Conservation - no news
c. Spaulding Town Forest - no news
d. Carpenter Park
• Comcast Cares Day - Over 100 volunteers worked to spruce up the park
• Bob cut some of the autumn olive trees along the park bordering Rt. 28.
• Discussion of control of invasive plants – Zach will contact Marianne about info about her friend who has used animals to control invasive plants.
e. Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area
There is a tree down near the entrance. Bob will look over and see what needs to be done.
f. Easement Stewardship
Blaze will let members know if he is going to walk the easements before the next meeting.
Next Meeting : June9, 2016 at 7pm
Minutes prepared by D. Marshall Approved: