Chichester Conservation Commission (CCC)
Minutes of Meeting January 8, 2015
Members present: Zach Boyajian, Marianne Hromis, Robert Mann, Blaze Konefal, Gordon Jones
Meeting was called to order at 7:05pm.
Review of Minutes: Draft meeting minutes of 12/11/14 were reviewed and approved with minor changes.
Mail Review: Memo from CCC to Town Treasurer regarding partial distribution of funds from the Shirley Waters Estate was discussed. A proposal from Invasive Weed and Plant Control, LLC, for work at Carpenter Park was also reviewed.
Goals and projects:
1. Public Outreach. No reports.
2. Land Conservation. Recent activity on efforts regarding conservation easements and land purchase were discussed. No action taken.
3. Spaulding Town Forest. Bob will correspond with abutting residents on the proposed survey work to be done adjacent to Hutchinson Road.
4. Carpenter Park. Marianne provided updates on proposed invasive plant control. She will contact the NH Pesticides Board for any input they might have on materials to be used by the contractor. She will also contact abutting residents regarding the project.
5. Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area. Gordon will review the beaver-damaged trees near the dam and discuss removal with Tim Riel. The CCC will need a contract and insurance certificate before any work begins.
6. Easement Stewardship. LCIP stewardship reports have been completed for 2014.
The chairman will seek input on expenditure of Conservation Funds from the NH Municipal Association and NH Association of Conservation Commissions.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.