Chichester Conservation Commission
Minutes of August 13, 2015
Grange Hall Selectmen’s Office
Present: Bob Mann, Zack Boyajian, Frank Harrison, Marianne Hromis
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Bob Mann at 7:22 pm. The Minutes of June 11, 2015 were approved. There was no meeting in July.
Mail Bag: The D.O.T. will be present to discuss improvements to Route 4 on 08/18/2015. The Merrimack County Conservation District Fall Fundraiser Bulb Sale will be on 10/02/15. On 11/07/15 the NHACC is going “ Back to the Future” at the annual conference and meeting. Other various correspondence and solicitations were also reviewed.
- Public Outreach: Zack reported on the Charette meeting he attended in June. The focus was on improving the Town Hall area and the parking lot.
- Land Conservation: In regards to the proposed Plunkett Easement, the members discussed the value of a corridor between the school and Carpenter Park. The area could be used for recreation and wildlife protection. See Easement Stewardship.
- Carpenter Park: Parks and Recreation met on 08/12/15 to review the park improvements and to talk about walking paths in the park. Some improvements would include increased storage for the CYA and a larger space for the concession stand.
- Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area: Frank’s Science Camp identified girdled oak trees and protected others from the beavers. There was discussion of developing a wildlife trail with a viewing area. No signs of active beavers but a goose family has been present during the summer.
- Spaulding Town Forest: No new items.
- Easement Stewardship: Five Rivers conservation Trust was not interested in the easement as it is already under management. The proposal warrants continued investigation for viewing the marsh, trail usage and the importance of the deer yard. The next steps would be to invite Jim Plunkett to attend a meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 pm. The next meeting will be on 09/10/15 at 7:00 pm. the Public is invited. Minutes taken by Marianne Hromis.