Chichester Conservation Commission Monthly Meeting (2nd Thursdays at 7 pm)
Minutes of Meeting December 11, 2014
Grange Hall, Selectmen’s Office
Members Present: Bob Mann, Zack Boyajian, Mariane Hromis, Frank Harrison, Blaze Konefal,
Gordon Jones, Dawn Marshall
Call to Order by Bob Mann at 7:05 pm. Minutes of the meetings on November 13, 2014 approved.
• Notice received from the NH Association of Conservation Commissions regarding dues for 2015
• The Shirley Waters Estate is being processed by the designated law group. A thoughtful gift of money (final sum yet to be determined) for the
Conservation purposes has been announced by the executors of the estate.
• The 2015 budget for this commission has been proposed to the budget committee.
a. Public Outreach: Plan NH shared their initial thoughts for the Main Street future planning initiative. The public team of volunteer residents involved have determined to spend a year to review the detailed findings (still to come) and create a plan for town approval at the 2016 Town Meeting.
b. Land Conservation: Still looking for conservation land as property in town is put up for sale
c. Spaulding Town Forest: A warrant article has been unanimously approved by the commission:
The Conservation Commission recommends the expenditure of funds from the Forest Maintenance Fund not to exceed $1,600.00 to hire a surveyor to reestablish three critical Spaulding Lot Town Forest boundary points on Hutchinson Road.
Bob Mann will send a letter of intent to all land owners abutting the designated boundary points.
d. Carpenter Park: Mariane Hromis has identified a chemical control professional from Epsom to provide estimated costs for implementing control of the Japanese barberry and autumn olive in the park. A warrant article has been unanimously approved by the commission:
The Conservation Commission recommends the expenditure of funds from the Forest Maintenance Fund not to exceed $2,500.00 to hire a licensed professional to apply herbicide to control invasive species at Carpenter Park.
e. Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area: Two violations of LCIP land have been identified by the State DES on Town-Owned Land at Marsh Pond Dam. These violations are being resolved.
f. Easement stewardship: All easements have been reviewed and documented.
• Motion to expend funds from the 2015 operating budget to pay the $270 NHACC dues was moved and seconded. 6 in favor, 1 opposed, motion passed.
• Motion to establish a sub-account within the Forest Conservation Fund labeled the “Shirley Waters Fund” to be funded exclusively by the anticipated gift from the Shirley Waters Estate intended for conservation purposes. All in favor, motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:33 pm. Minutes prepared by Frank Harrison
Next Meeting: Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 7 pm, Public Invited