Chichester Conservation Commission
Minutes of Meeting July 11, 2013
Members present: Gordon Jones, Zack Boyajian, Robert Mann
Meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm.
No votes were taken as there was no quorum of members present. Review of minutes of 6-13-13 was deferred till a later meeting.
Mail review: A letter from the UNH Cooperative Extension was reviewed regarding the 2013 volunteer Coverts Program and the 2013 Field Trip 101 workshop to be held 7/18/13 in Concord.
Goals and Projects
1. Public outreach. Nothing to report.
2. Land conservation. Lands off Bear Hill Road listed for sale were discussed. Gordon will contact one of the landowners to obtain further information.
3. Spaulding Town Forest. Selectmen refused waiver of the timber tax for this project at their meeting of 6/18/13. The 6/11/13 bids will be revised downward to account for the 10% timber tax. The chairman has indicated intent to award the contract to Jamison Logging based on recommendation from Charlie Moreno and Jamison's earlier start date shown in the bids.
4. Carpenter Park. Replanting of grass in the community area and the need for washout repair on the perimeter trail were discussed.
5. Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area. Gordon will pursue low-impact timber harvest techniques to be applied to the compact pine growth south of the Grange Hall.
6. Easement stewardship. Nothing to report
Adjournment at 8:15 pm
Minutes by Robert Mann