Chichester Conservation Commission
Minutes of Meeting
February 10, 2011
Members present: Gordon Jones, Zack Boyajian, Robert Mann, Dawn Marshall, Blaze Konefal
1. Review of Minutes from January 13, 2011. Motion by Mr. Boyajian to Approve, Seconded by Ms. Marshall. All in favor. Motion Passed.
2. Review of mail. Discussed Capitol Improvement Committee activities, proposed warrant articles on Town Forests, and second School Budget meeting.
3. Public Education and Outreach. Dawn Marshall had contacted Fred Shaw about updating the Chichester Conservation Commission (CCC) webpage.
4. Management of Town Lands; Carpenter Park. Mr. Boyajian reported that the Parks and Recreation Committee had submitted a Recreational Trail Program grant application to Bureau of Trails Dept. of Resources and Economic Development for a perimeter trail around the developed portions of Carpenter Park. Mr. Boyajian provided a conceptual plan of the trail and other proposed improvements for Carpenter Park. Also discussed were the potential impacts of the expanded fields and common area. The Conservation Commission desires more information about final grading and extent of tree clearing. Mr Boyajian is to request the Parks and Recreation commission members meet with the Conservation Commission in March to discuss the current plans.
5. Management of Town Owned Lands; Forest Management Plans. Mr. Jones had distributed five Requests for Proposal (RFP). Mr. Boyajian as the POC on the RFP had not yet received any inquiries. The Commission discussed potential need for additional solicitation of providers.
6. Global Positioning System (GPS) Activities. Mr. Konefal had used the GPS and provided an example of boundary survey use plotted using Google Earth.
7. Forest Management Fund. Mr Konefal had found more information regarding the existing Forest Maintenance Account. However, it is still unclear whether this is the fund established for proceeds from the Town Forest or not. The Commission will continue with the proposed warrant articles to provide administrative clarification.
8. NH State Wildlife Action Plan. Mr. Boyajian provided newly developed (2010) Chichester specific Wildlife Action Plan maps. Discussion of the use of the information as supplementing the existing natural resource inventory. Lynxfield Pond and surrounding wetland complex is identified as a habitat of statewide importance. Mr. Boyajian also stated that NH Fish and Game provided workshops on the Wildlife Action Plan and how the information can be used. The Commission suggested that we invite other town committees and potentially other towns if we hold a workshop. Mr. Boyajian is to investigate more about the workshops.
9. Heritage Commission: Ms. Marshall stated that the Heritage Commission is working on a plan for replacing dying shade trees on Canterbury Road.
10. Motion to adjourn at 8:55pm. Motion passes.
Not yet approved.
Robert Mann, Chairman