Chichester Conservation Commission Monthly Meeting
DRAFT Minutes of Meeting January 10, 2019
Grange Hall, Selectmen’s Office
Present: Dawn Marshall, Blaze Konefal, Jim Eggers, Bob Mann, Zack Boyajian
Public attending: Gail Britton-Kojigian and Charles Kojigian,
Call to Order: 7:05 pm
Minutes of the meeting of 12/13/18 were approved.
• Statement from Town Treasurer for the three accounts that comprise the Conservation Fund, showing total funds $288,364.
• Notice from CNHRPC of January 16 meeting at Epsom Library to discuss Suncook Valley Trails in the area of the former Suncook Valley Railroad.
• Draft letter from NHACC to DES regarding the Draft Wetland Rules.
• TD Bank statement for the Conservation Fund CD for December $425.21.
• Letters from DES regarding the approval of the restoration plan for site work at Cruiserparts, Map 3 Lot 25.
• Response from NH DOJ, Charitable Trust Div. Regarding proposed trust account for Shirley Waters bequest.
• Memo from Land Stewardship Program regarding site visit to Blackman easements 10/25/18 with B Konefal and J. Eggers.
Conservation Fund: Discussion of Shirley Waters Trust. Per DOJ letter, a warrant article is not needed. Blaze will consult with Jodi and possibly Town Counsel as to next steps to set up a trust.
Public Outreach: Need to do public information on Shaw Pasture parking prior to Town Meeting. Talked about 1/16 meeting re Suncook Valley Railroad.
Land conservation: Discussion of land/easement acquisition in various locations, including Zack's draft letter to landowners area of Lynxfield Pond.
Spaulding Town Forest: Need to develop formal parking prior to trails development. Options to parking on the 50' strip off Hutchinson Road were discussed.
Madeline Sanborn Conservation Area: Reviewed order of construction of parking provided the warrant article passes.
Easement Stewardship: no new business
Other Business: Consideration of updating the Natural Resource Inventory. Zack will invite Amanda Stone to our March meeting to offer some comments on the current NRI and how it might be improved.
Meeting adjourned at 9:43 pm. Next Monthly Meeting: Thursday, Feb. 14, 2018 at 7 pm, public invited!