Thursday, May 27th
In attendance: David Pinckney, Mark McIntosh, Leslie Ari, Linda Booth (guest)
1. Leslie Ari volunteered to be serve as secretary of the committee. Formal appointment by Selectman on May 9th.
2. As all committee members are new, we have a lot to learn. First and foremost, we need to learn which cemeteries in town we are responsible for. Mark to investigate. David stated that the file cabinets are available to Mark and Leslie any time the town offices are open. David plans to call on former members of the committee for guidance.
3. David reviewed the responsibilities of the committee, to include Oversee Care & Maintenance, Establish by-laws, prepare annual report and budget and to prepare deeds/ and right-to-inter documents.
4. Immediate Issues:
a. Brenda Boswak Request: Brenda sent an email to the town requesting to claim an unused burial spot in the Knowlton/Edgerly cemetery. David has written to tell her we’ve received her request. Mark to investigate
b. Linda Booth attended to request burial time of May 20th, 11am for her aunt, Marion Smith, in the family plot at Pine Grove cemetery. A unanimous decision assured her there would be no problem. Mark to investigate any other responsibilities we may have.
c. Memorial Day flags – Leslie to investigate all necessary steps, including ascertaining Boy Scout involvement
d. Gil Vien emailed Mark about purchasing lots in Pineground Cemetery. Do we have any available, and what is the process? Dave to investigate. Mark to forward Gil’s email to Dave. Gil’s phone number is 290-1530.
a. Mark Hubbard is our contract grave digger
b. Hodgkins Painting in Northwood is our maintenance company
c. Do minutes need to be filed with the town? Leslie to investigate.
6. Long term – we need a map of all plots
7. Committee Members contact info:
8. Next Meeting: Thursday, May 25, 4:30 p.m. at Town Hall
Minutes Approved May 25, 2017