CIP Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
22 Main St, Chichester, NH
Present Were: Matt Cole, Anne Davis, Michelle Plunkett, Alan Mayville, and Brenda Roukey,
Call to Order
The meeting opened at 6:32pm.
Brenda Roukey presented the previous meeting minutes and the group reviewed. All were in favor; minutes were accepted.
- Matt opened the meeting with the CIP Plan spreadsheet projected on the wall for viewing.
- Each impact from the request submissions were reviewed on a “Matt Draft” tab and impacts to the bottom line was discussed; the goal was to keep consistent in each year with approximately $300k being the target amount.
- Matt added the town hall parking lot in at $25k
- Next meeting Matt will have hard copies of the spreadsheet for each member of the committee to review.
Letter: CIP to BOS
Ann Davis provided an update on this subject and indicated that she attended the 9-6-16 BOS meeting where she presented the letter from CIP regarding the infrastructure/space needs and concerns.
- The BOS has this in hand and the CIP has now done its due diligence relaying our views.
CIP - Highway Department Review
A review of fund and request placement within the CIP spreadsheet was done to ensure discussions from the previous CIP meeting with Jim Plunkett in attendance was properly reflected within the proper years. Matt explained how he moved a couple of the requests out (1) year to keep the CIP in alignment with that $300k target. Plow Truck clarification $190k in 2023
• Moved rescue truck out one year
• Moved firetruck out one year
These two moves makes sense and allows for more time to add to the capital reserve. Other moves to “out years” included:
• Town hall parking lot
• Fire Station parking lot
• Park (UTV)
• Library parking lot
• Charrette crosswalk project
General discussion ensued regarding grants and their possible impacts to the overall CIP.
Work Session to review the CIP spreadsheet and propose any additional changes/suggestions the CIP members may have. Matt will forward the spreadsheet via email to each of the CIP members prior to the next meeting.
Wednesday, 10/05 @ 6:30pm @ the safety building
A motion to adjourn was made by Ann Davis and seconded by Alan Mayville. All in favor; meeting closed at 7:37pm.