Under the Building Code of the Town of Chichester, adopted 10 March 2009, the following items are required, as applicable, before issuance of a building permit. A permit is required for new construction of any structure that has over 120 square feet floor space, additions/repairs/renovations to an existing structure that involves structural repairs, and/or relocation/modification/replacement of services, i.e. electrical, plumbing, gas piping and HVAC systems. Swimming pools, complete residing, replacement of all windows, and demolition of a structure also require permits. This list is not all-inclusive, please call with any questions.
1. A completed Building Permit Application.
2. Building Plans of the structure or addition.
3. NH Public Utilities Commission (PUC) Energy Code Compliance Certificate (Form EC-1).
4. Plot plan showing the location of the structure on the lot, and showing front, rear and side setbacks.
5. Septic Design Plan approved by the NH Department of Environmental Services (DES)
6. Driveway permit issued by the Town of Chichester's Road Agent for access to town roads, or NHDOT for access to state owned roads.
Permit Fees: Fees are listed in the Building Codes, which is accessible through the attached link.
Applicable Codes: 2009 International Building Codes, including Plumbing, Mechanical, and Energy Conservation, 2008 National Fire Protection Agency Codes for Life Safety and Fuel Gas, NH State Fire Codes and the 2008 National Electrical Code.
Other Information: Such as required inspections, points of contact, etc. are listed in the attached link.