Meeting Date: November 23, 2010
Minutes Prepared By: Bruce Dyke
In Attendance: Bruce Dyke, Norm Larochelle, Steve MacCleery, Scott Marston, Jason Weir, Ed Millette
Location: Grange Hall
Minutes Approved: 11/30/10
- The meeting was called to order at 6:10pm by Bruce Dyke.
- Minutes from the November 9, 2010 meeting were reviewed. Norm Larochelle made a motion to accept the minutes as written. The motion was seconded by Scott Marston and the minutes were approved unanimously.
- The group discussed open issues, follow-up items from the November 9th meeting including:
o Status of possible legal review for RSA specific to library staffing.
o The issue of police vehicle maintenance was raised as an area for possible further review/follow-up
o The inconsistency of department’s efforts to adhere to the 2% operating budget reduction was noted.
- The group reviewed the budget requests specific to the Town departments scheduled for budget presentations with the Board of Selectmen and Budget Committee for that evening. Ed Millette reminded the group of the change that occurred with regard to Ambulace coverage starting with 2010.
- Bruce suggested that a different approach to handling potentially “volatile” expenses such as Legal be investigated. He explained a method Barnstead uses to handle fuel expense by creating either a special budget line or fund that can only be used for extraordinary expenses that may occur in that area. The idea is to be able to reduce annual funding of certain budget lines based on “what it” scenarios. The group agreed to discuss the issue with the selectmen for possible follow-up..
- Bruce made a motion to adjourn the meeting, which was seconded by Steve MacCleery. The vote to adjourn was unanimous and Bruce Dyke closed the meeting at 6:55pm.