Town of Chichester, New Hampshire
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON ZONING AMENDMENTS
A second and final public hearing will be held, in accordance with the
provisions of RSA 675:7, at the Grange Hall at 54 Main Street, on
February 4, 2019 at 6:30 PM on proposed amendments to the
Chichester Zoning Ordinance. The proposals were prepared by the
Planning Board. The effect of the proposed amendments would be to:
1. To update references to NH State Statutes, as applicable.
2. To change the basis of zoning districts from soils-based to
districts with conventional minimum lot sizes, including adjusting
zoning on specific lots from 5 to 2 acres, and 2 acres to 5 acres;
revise the zoning map and date; revise frontage and lot
configuration standards, including the requirement for a "buildable
area;" and, revise lot size requirements for multi-family dwellings.
3. To establish a new mixed-use, higher-density village zoning
district in the area around Town Hall to be administered by the
4. To establish new standards for commercial parking space
5. To remove redundancies in the list of permitted uses in Section
IV.1.a-d of the CI/MF Zone.
6. To properly reference the New Hampshire of Environmental
Services (NHDES) instead of the New Hampshire Water Supply
and Pollution Control Commission (NHWS&PCC) as the
NHWS&PCC as it no longer exists.
7. Clarify that the Planning Board is the sole authority to administer
the provisions of the Commercial Village District, and, that any
appeals to a Planning Board decision are to be made per RSA
8. To define the location of the Backlands District in the new non-soil
based zoning framework.
9. To revise the provisions of the Wetland District in Section 3.16,
including defining the location of the District within the new zoning
framework; and, to clarify the methods of wetland delineation.
10. To revise the provisions of Section 3.19 regarding Open-Space
Conservation Developments, including to specify that the Planning
Board is the authority to administer the provisions of 3.19 by
Conditional Use Permit; to clarify a waiver process; to establish
definitions of, and requirements for "homestead lots" and "parent
tracts;" to clarify permitted uses in such developments for open
space areas and areas of development; to clarify the process for
determining allowable density, including the provisions of density
incentives; to revise and clarify open space management
requirements; to clarify the requirements for condominium
association membership; and, home owner association member
11. To allow commercial and residential uses on the same parcel
within the Commercial-Industrial Multi-Family (CI/MF) Zone.
12. To establish that all uses that are permitted by right within the
Rural-Agricultural (RA) Zone are permitted by right on lots that are
five (5) acres in size or greater in the Residential (R) Zone.
13. To conduct any non-substantive edits to the document such as
spelling, spacing, and numbering that may result from the adoption
of any of the aforementioned changes.
Copies of the proposed changes are available at Town Hall during
regular business hours:
Monday 8:30 to 4:00
Tuesday 8:30 to 2:00 and 4:00 to 7:00
Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 to 2:00
Per order of the Chairman of the Planning Board
Jan. 24, 2019