CHICHESTER AGRICULTURAL COMMISSION
Commission Meeting, 7:30pm, Town Library, 10/18/2016
Meeting called to order at 7:01pm
Present: Teresa Paradis, Catherine Snow, John Snow, Steve MacCleery
Others: Ann Davis
Not Present: Jeff Jordan
Materials were handed out
1. Chair Teresa Paradis asked members to review 07/20/2016 draft Minutes; John Snow made a Motion to accept the 07/20/2016 Minutes; Catherine Snow seconded; all in favor; Minutes Accepted.
2. Brief discussion re Ag in the Classroom-AgDay event tentatively scheduled for May 19, 2017, and to be on the lookout for farmers or hobbyists to participate.
3. Steve MacCleery brought up for discussion the issue of planning board ordinances relating to agricultural needs. He further suggested we meet with the planning board for input and addressing zoning. It was discussed that since the planning board is working on the Master Plan, it would be the right time to incorporate Agritourism and Agritainment into the Agricultural Section.
4. AgCom is supporting Heritage Commission in sponsoring speaker John Porter re “History of Agriculture as Told by Barns” on Oct 20, Grange Hall. Ann is donating baklava/chocolate cake; Teresa bottled water and apple cider donuts.
Discussion was then directed to AgCom’s responsibility to educate and help spread the word about agriculture; and since AgCom has been partnering with the Chichester Garden Club, it is appropriate to assist with expenses related to speakers.
Steve MacCleery made a Motion to expend $50.00 to the Heritage Commission to help with John Porter’s Oct. 20 speaking engagement; John Snow seconded; all in favor; Motion Passed.
Steve MacCleery made a Motion to expend $50.00 to the Chichester Garden Club to help with Diane Hall’s May 25 speaking engagement regarding Gardening for Disabled and Limited Mobility; John Snow seconded; all in favor; Motion Passed.
5. Reminder AgCom will not meet November and December and will meet on Jan. 18, 2017. Happy Holidays. Steve MacCleery made a Motion to Adjourn; John Snow seconded; all in favor; Motion Passed. Meeting Adjourned 7:36pm