CHICHESTER AGRICULTURAL COMMISSION
Commission Meeting, 7:00pm, Town Library, 02/17/2016
DRAFT MEETING MINUTES
Members Present: Teresa Paradis, Catherine Snow, John Snow;
Others present: Ann Davis; Members not present: Steve MacCleery, Jeff Jordan, Heather Barker
Business Meeting call to order 7:05pm
2. John Snow made a Motion to approve of 01/20/2016 Meeting Minutes; Teresa Paradis seconded; all in favor; Motion passed.
3. Short discussion re: Completion of “Is Your Town Farm Friendly? - A Checklist for Sustaining Rural Character” and to be discussed at a future meeting.
4. Speakers and programs discussed; Prof. John Carroll to give lecture at April 20 meeting and again we will partner with CGC. AgCom will contribute to speaker fees for this Backyard Farming workshop-lecture. Fundraising will be discussed at another time - looking for ideas.
5. Possible Agricultural Survey was discussed; it was felt that itís a good idea but we are not quite ready yet. When we do this, we need something eye-catching on our webpage to encourage responses.
6. Ag in the Classroom: Catherine, John and Teresa will attend; Catherine will read to the 3rd graders. Books will be donated to both CCS and the Town Library.
7. AgDays: We have permission from CCS to hold the agricultural demonstrations in the Outdoor Classroom. Hopefully, we will have Jeff shearing a sheep and a goat and a honey bee observation hive with handouts, possibly Randy & Deb Harris.
There being no further business, Teresa Paradis made a Motion to adjourn; Catherine Snow seconded; passed and meeting was adjourned 7:30pm.
Chichester AgCom 2016: Mar 16; Apr 20; May 18; Jun 15; Jul 20; Aug 17; Sep 21; Oct 19
The purpose of an agricultural commission is to protect farmland, support the local agricultural economy, preserve rural character and promote local agriculture to community members and visitors. ~As ambassadors of the farming community, agricultural commissions act as educators, advisers and promoters to help keep agriculture viable in New Hampshire.