CHICHESTER AGRICULTURAL COMMISSION
Commission Meeting, Town Library, 7pm, 01/23/2014
APPROVED MEETING MINUTES
Present: Teresa Paradis-Vice Chair, Richard Millette, Ann Davis
Excused absence: Steve MacCleery, Jeff Jordan
1. Richard Millette made MOTION to approve 10/30/2013Meeting Minutes; Teresa Paradis seconded; all in favor; MOTION CARRIED.
2. Richard Millette made a MOTION to make the Library our primary meeting place, utilizing the Selectmen’s Office as back-up meeting place; seconded by Teresa Paradis; all in favor; MOTION CARRIED.
3. Reviewed “Posting of Public Meetings and Access to Meeting Minutes Policy” information.
4. Reviewed and discussed NOFA-NH events information and speakers for public education and information workshops. Teresa Paradise made a MOTION for the Agricultural Commission to partner with the Chichester Garden Club for the purpose of hosting education and information workshops, meetings and/or events, provided the Garden Club agrees; seconded by Richard Millette; all in favor; MOTION CARRIED.
Speakers and presenters will be solicited from UNH, NH Farm Bureau, NHFGC speakers’ bureau, UNH Cooperative Extension Service, etc. Ann will check with Speakers Bureau, and perhaps joint events with Agricultural Department.
5. Discussion regarding an opportunity to participate in a “Farmers Market” booth at Chichester Old Home Days 2014. Teresa said it would help if the booth is close to Live & Let Live booth n order to help man the booth. Teresa Paradis made a MOTION to move forward and put notice in The SUN to ask for participants; seconded by Richard Millette; all in favor; MOTION CARRIED.
6. Brief discussion re Agricultural Section of the Master Plan; matter Tabled. In the meantime, Ann will again email drafts to members for review and will be discussed at the next meeting.
7. Membership discussion - still looking for members; Ann stated that Bill Briggs is still interested although he will not be able to attend all meetings as he travels quite a bit.
8. Participation in the Grange’s “Organization Fair” on Feb. 7, 2014, 7pm at Grange Hall. It would be nice to attend provided we have some type of handout; Ann will attempt to create a simple flyer for that event.
9. Reviewed and discussed State of NH’s “Open Doors” brochure; more information will be gathered and an attempt to get more Chichester farmstands, retailers and artists listed.
Meeting adjourned 8:10pm
Chichester Agricultural Commission 2014 Meeting Dates - Feb 19; Mar 19; Apr 16; May 21; Jun 18; Jul 16; Aug 20; Sep 17; Oct 15
At the 03/19/2014 meeting, Motion made by Richard Millette to approve 01/23/2014 Meeting Minutes; Seconded by Teresa Paradis; Vote in the affirmative and so declared.