CHICHESTER AGRICULTURAL COMMISSION
Commission Meeting, 7:00pm, Town Library, 01/20/2016
Members Present: Teresa Paradis, Steve MacCleery, Catherine Snow, John Snow
Others Present: Volunteer Ann Davis; Members Absent: Heather Barker, Jeff Jordan
BUSINESS MEETING opened 6:59pm
1. Members reviewed Agenda
2. Teresa Paradis made a motion to accept the 10/21/2015 Meeting Minutes; John Snow seconded; all in favor; Motion Passed.
3. Status of Financial Matters: A. Brochure were distributed to members; copies are at the Town Offices and Town Library but have not yet been posted at TSC. The final brochure size was folded 8.5x14 color print at a cost of $162 at Staples. B. NH Farm Bureau 2016 dues have been paid - $60. C. The AgCom now owns two Farmers Market Banners, having reimbursed Ann Davis for banners on sale - $20. 2015 AgCom budget was $250 and $242 was spent.
4. Status on AgCom's promoting farmers markets - promoting farmers markets is expressly written in the guidelines for ag commissions. Ann will resend the survey to members and bring Chichester zoning ordinances to the February meeting at which time all will complete the survey and discuss.
5. Discussion regarding fundraising projects and speakers/programs - all members are to come up with suggestions and bring to the next meeting.
6. Possible Agricultural Survey, i.e., Loudon which asks about interests, problems and workshops; a discussion was held whether or not to do a similar public survey. All members with a computer should view Loudonís website for the actual survey.
7. Ag in the Classroom 2016 (for 3rd graders) Discussion - it was agreed to participate and donate a copy How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy Maestro to CCS; the Garden Club will also provide a copy. Catherine Snow suggested AgCom to donate a copy to the Library; all agreed. Catherine will contact the Lisa Parizo and Ann will contact Brian Beaverstock for dates and times.
8. Other business: Steve MacCleery stated that the Farm Bureau donate money to Ag in the Classroom program; he also mentioned Ag Days in NH whereby 4th graders make field trips to a farm for an agricultural experience. Historically, Chichester does not participate; Ann asked if AgCom would be interested providing one or two activities at CCS on Ag Days, i.e., Jeff Jordan shearing a sheep and a goat and a beekeeper to bring in an observation hive. Steve thought Barbara Frangione would be pleased if Ag Day event could be somehow held in CCSís outdoor classroom as she donated the land.
Steve MacCleery made a Motion to adjourn; Teresa Paradis seconded; all in favor; meeting adjourned 7:37pm.
Minutes Approved 02/17/2016; Motion made by John Snow; seconded by Teresa Paradis; all in favor; passed.